Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I fell of my bike and have bad grazing and

I fell of my bike and have bad grazing and

Patient: I fell of my bike and have bad grazing and a split cut over my eye. It also took a large layer off skin from my big toe which is most painful. So much I’m loosing sleep. I’m constantly cleaning and bandagein it up. I have pictures. Just wondering will the skin grow back soon. Or shud I seek a doctor incase it gets infected or shud I continue cleaning and bandaging. Thankyou

I fell of my bike and have ...-1

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query and the picture you have posted.It clearly show that the skin is not covering the ball of the great toe.You need to see your PCP to get a reference to a Surgeon for further care and procedures to get the covering ASAP.