Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I fell on my knee a month ago and since

I fell on my knee a month ago and since

Patient: I fell on my knee a month ago and since have been having difficulty with swelling and pain when sitting, kneeling, squatting and climbing or descending stairs! My MRI came back normal but symptoms persist and now there is snapping and clicking in my knee. Should I push to see an orthopedist?

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood your problem.It really becomes difficult to take a decision when MRI of the knee is normal.Please remember one thing, the clinical evaluation and actual examination by an Orthopedic surgeon can give that information that mo MRI can give. Hence consult the Orthopedist ASAP and follow his instruction, you may need another CT / MRI and further treatment.Till then do not do any activity that can cause more trauma to the knee.