I fell on my knee pretty hard.

Patient : I fell on my knee pretty hard. No issues walking and no pain unless I kneel on it. There is about a 2-3 inch area that it completely numb as well. Should I be concerned?
Doctor :   Hello, welcome to ATD Post-traumatic numbness in the area of trauma is a common finding. However you should be conc erned regarding the injury because sometimes there is undisplaced fracture of patella and the patient can walk freely or bend the leg due to intact medial and lateral reinstitution that is soft tissue envelope around the knee cap/patella. My recommendation is to visit an orthopedic surgeon and get a xray done. Secondly the area of numbness slowly decrease in size, an increasing area of numbness or non resolving numbness is also an indication to visit the doctor. Wish you a speedy recovery. Feel free to discuss. Regards