I fell on my wrist now I am having arm

Patient: I fell on my wrist now I am having arm numbness and slight bruising..is it broken

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.This might be a simple br uise due to the fall, but if there is swelling and restriction of movement you should get an X-ray of the affected joint done to rule out any fracture.If there is no fracture found, I would advice you following:1. Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside combination which are act as a pain killer and muscle relaxant.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply gel containing Menthol, Diclofenac locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy