Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I fell today and landed on the bone on the outside of the knee

I fell today and landed on the bone on the outside of the knee

Patient: I fell today and landed on the bone on the outside of my left knee. There is very little pain when I keep my leg still but I’m feeling very sore when I get up after sitting or put too much weight on it

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Most prob ably it is soft tissue injury ( ligaments injury). It requires rest to the joint and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C help in resolving it. You can exclude the possibility of nondisplaced fracture by its x-ray. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.