I fell today and landed on the bone on the outside of the knee

Patient

Q: I fell today and landed on the bone on the outside of my left knee. There is very little pain when I keep my leg still but I'm feeling very sore when I get up after sitting or put too much weight on it

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Most probably it is soft tissue injury ( ligaments injury). It requires rest to the joint and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. Vitamin B and C help in resolving it. You can exclude the possibility of nondisplaced fracture by its x-ray. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.