I fell up the stairs the other day and basically

Patient

Q: I fell up the stairs the other day and basically did the splits. I landed hard on the left side of my groin. I have consistent issues with cysts in the area and on my inner thighs; and had a small one in the area that I fell on. Now the entire left side of my groin is swollen, painful, and makes it impossible to walk or sit down. Do you think something happened to the cyst and its caused an infection or something? I am in so much pain. Should I be at the ER or an urgent care clinic? I have no medical insurance so I am scared.

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Noted the history of fall on the left groin area which got swollen up, painful and makes walking impossible.
You also have history of cysts on the same side.
Well. this seems to be a different problem and needs MRI to see if the left hip joints has got affected or the muscles or the pelvic contents.
Once the diagnosis is made the treatment will be accordingly to the findings.
Till then do not move at all .
strict bed rest and movement of the lower limbs at all.

Hope this helps you.