I few weeks ago I was sick with a viral

Patient

Q: I few weeks ago I was sick with a viral infection and both of the lymph nodes in my neck were very swollen and sore. One of them has now returned to normal, but the other is still swollen and hurts to touch. Should I be concerned about this?

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from Streptococcal Sore Throat. Or this can be Ebstein Barr Virus infection as there are swollen lymph nodes associated.
I advise as following in such scenario:
1. To take an antibiotic like Amoxycillin/Clavunate.
2. To take an anti-allergic like Levocetrizine, chlorpheniramine.
3. To do warm saline gargles.
4. To do steam inhalation
5. To take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
If you have persistent lymphadenopathy even after the course of medicines as discussed, you would require to get FNAC of the lymph node and chest X-ray.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy