I found a lump on the top of my head,

Patient : I found a lump on the top of my head, it's hurting as soon as it is touched. It isn't red or anything, and my mother says it's not a boil. Could it be a cyst? I haven't banged my head or anything like that either, it's painful so I'm worried.
Doctor :   Hi. Lumps at the top of the head are usually cysts only. Since there pain on touch there may be an infection. I thi nk your should consult your Doctor get confirmed and get an appointment for excision. This helps in two ways: 1. You get rid of the disease and 2. You get a confirmed diagnosis that nothing serious is present. Hope this helps.