I found a lump on the top of my head,

Patient

Q: I found a lump on the top of my head, it's hurting as soon as it is touched. It isn't red or anything, and my mother says it's not a boil. Could it be a cyst? I haven't banged my head or anything like that either, it's painful so I'm worried.

Doctor

A:   Hi.

Lumps at the top of the head are usually cysts only. Since there pain on touch there may be an infection.
I think your should consult your Doctor get confirmed and get an appointment for excision.
This helps in two ways:
1. You get rid of the disease and
2. You get a confirmed diagnosis that nothing serious is present.

Hope this helps.