I found a tick and got it out from under

Patient: I found a tick and got it out from under my skin. I have developed a rash an swelling in my feet and legs. Some was so bad that a blood vessel poped and made a black area on my foot. After 2 days in the bed the swelling and rash has went away. I still have pain in my joints and mainly my back. Still some swelling in my hands. I don’t seem to have a fever at all. I don’t have insurance so I can’t just run to the doctor office. However I wanted to know if the issues with joint pain will go away on its on?Thanks for your help.

Symptoms: Pain in joints, swelling in hands

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.Tick bite is usually harmless, but some ticks carry infec tions which can be passed on when they bite. The symptoms you have mentioned are suggestive of Infection being given to you by tick bite.In such scenario most important is to carefully find and remove the tick. In the area of redness and swelling you can apply a combination cream containing cortisone and antibiotic line Muproicin. In case of severe muscle aches and joint pains NSADs like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen are given. In case you develop fever your doctor will treat you with antibiotics like Doxycycline for a short course.This is my best opinion for you based on available details. If you have any further query, please ask me.Stay Healthy.

Patient: Thanks for your follow up. I will try the advile. I know my husband would like for my to stop moaning in my sleep every time I move. I would also like to be able to stand up straight and not have pain walking or moving.

Doctor: In that case you may take a NSAID like Ibuprofen.
I hope it helps.