Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I found out 10 months ago I have prolapsed uterus

I found out 10 months ago I have prolapsed uterus

Patient: I found out 10 months ago I have prolapsed uterus and need a hysterectomy but haven’t done it yet. The past 4 days I have been having bad lower back pains and some cramps( cramps not due to menstrual) , is my body trying to tell me its time for this surgery and is all this pain the past 4 days because of it?

Symptoms: Lower back pain and some cramping

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from any of the following:1. Muscular back pain2. Prol apsed Intervertebral disc compression.In case you have any associated fever, weight loss, cough , you would require evaluation for TB of spine.So, i would advise you to get a MRI Lumbo-sacral spine to rule out these issues. If you have any such issues, you would be treated accordingly.For muscular pain, i advise to take a combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocholchiside. You should do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.You should also physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy