I fractured my ankle exactly a week ago went to

Patient: I fractured my ankle exactly a week ago went to the er 3days later they only prescribed pain killers for 2days and put me in a boot my foot was swollen the swelling has started to go down but there is bruising and it even showed up around my toes a few days later I still get strong uncomfortable pain is this normal or should I consider getting it checked again

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have a muscle strain or a soft tissue injury. You can treat this effect ively by using RICE and with some medication.RICE stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.You can try toRest the leg by not using the leg too much. Also, please do not walk on the leg and use crutchesIce the leg for 15 mins at a time every hour and do this several times a dayCompress the swelling area by using a crepe bandageElevate the leg by putting it on top of 2 pillows to allow the blood to flow back to the heart.Hope this helps you. All the best.