I fractured my distal radius and has started to displace

Q: I fractured my distal radius and has started to displace but I've been playing basketball with it. Will a surgeon be able to fix my wrist even a month and two weeks after injury?

A:   Hello.
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. A Surgeon will be able to fix it even after 1.5 months as he will break (refracture) it again and will fix it. But it will be not wise to get operated after 1.5 months as it will remodel even without an operation. There is no functional benefit of fixing it, only if you have significant cosmetic deformity then you can consider getting the surgery done.
Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.