I gave birth to our first and only child on

Q: I gave birth to our first and only child on the 27th of September, 2002 and since then we have no other issue. Though, about four to five months after the’ birth, I conceived and owing to some reasons, my husband advised me to go for an abortion which I did in February, 2003. Thereafter, I used postinol (a contraceptive drug) only once. Since 2007, when my husband finished his school and when we are ready to have baby up till now, all efforts made were not fruitful.

We have consulted many doctors whether or not called specialist doctors in Nigeria. I know have consulted over six gynecologists without success. We have been asked to do series of tests which yield no result. I am 40 years of age while my husband is 45.

For tests one and two, only drugs were administered. We don’t know the names of these drugs. For test 3, abortion was performed. The last test, according to the doctor, he said that the fallopian tubes do not allow for passage of sperm and that there is intrauterine adhesion. According to the doctor, he said they will perform operation to expand the fallopian tubes and remove the adhesion in the uterus.
Another doctor we consulted condemned the result and asked us to go and do another test. This one says I have intramural fibroid.