I get a pulling, prickling, tugging feeling in legs at

Q: I get a pulling, prickling, tugging feeling in legs at night but infrequently. It could be RLS but it's not a constant every night thing or even regular for that matter.

I think anxiety and hyper focusing on what I'm feeling makes it worse and keeps me up at night. Is this something more serious I should get looked into immediately?

Symptoms:  Legs restless

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

You seem to be suffering from Rest Less Leg Syndrome (RLS) which is a disorder that affects the legs and causes an urge to move them. Because it usually interferes with Sleep. Patient complains of uncomfortable sensations in their legs and an irresistible urge to move their legs to relieve the sensations.The sensations are usually worse at rest.
The Most common causes are:
1. Idiopathic
2. Peripheral Neuropathy.
3. Iron Deficiency Anemia.
4. Pregnancy.
If you have any of these, you would require evaluation and management accordingly.
In idiopathic cases, Ropinirole, Tramadol, Amitriptyline are used.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy