I get bad headaches, usually about once per month The

Q: I get bad headaches, usually about once per month. The pain is always on my left side, and seems to move from pain in my left temple, top of the left side of my skull, behind my eye, in my sinuses (above my brow, on the left side of my nose, in my cheek), and in my neck, shouldar, and upper back. They tend to be around the time of my menstrual cycle, although not always, and are also triggered immediately by chocolate and alcohol. I also experience drooping in the left side of my face occasionally with these headaches, and my left eye waters. It is much worse at night, and often I am awakened by the pain. The other strange symptom is, I tend to have very old, fairly meaningless memories triggered during this time. During these days, i feel that I am walking down memory lane- everything I sense triggers some long-forgotten memory.
I think this sounds like cluster headaches, but my physician thinks it is migraines and symptoms of stroke. Is it worth looking into another opinion?
Would the treatment be different? So far, no pain medication works. I usually take a sleeping pill so that I do not have to feel the pain. I am 30 years old, otherwise healthy, female, living in Canada.

Symptoms:  Headache