I get throat infections every time I see my boyfriend

Patient

Q: I'm in a long distance relationship, and every time I see my boyfriend, I develop a throat infection. The first time he came, I got strep throat the day he left which developped into tonsilitis a few weeks later (because my doctor refused to take me seriously and didn't give me anything to treat the strep throat with). The second time he visited, I got tonsilitis and had to go to the hospital, where they gave me antibiotics and painkillers. My boyfriend went back home after his third visit (a kind of shitty one because I was so worried about getting tonsilitis again that we didn't really kiss properly or anything) yesterday, and this morning I saw a white spot in the back of my throat. I really don't want this to happen again. Is he a carrier of strep throat? Am I allergic to him? Is there anything I can do to stop getting this? Please help. I already have lozenges and pain killers and an anti-bacterial mouthwash. I need to know if this is because of something in my boyfriend's saliva, or if I have chronic tonsilitis, or what.

Symptoms:  Symptoms: Coughing, white spot in back of throat, sore throat
Doctor