Ask The Doctor > Pending > I go to sleep in a bed and wake up in a pool of sweat

I go to sleep in a bed and wake up in a pool of sweat

Patient: I sweat when I sleep at night to the point that I will have to change cloths or move to another spot on the bed. My wife will not sleep next to me because of my sweating at night. It is not the same every time, some nights it will not be bad, but other nights I will have to sleep on the floor because there is a puddle in the bed. I usually sleep through the seating and wake up after the sweating is done. I have woken up towards the end of a sweat episode and found out that my whole body will drip in sweat. What can cause a sweating of this dagree while I sleep?

Doctor: