I got a cut on my knuckle on my index

Patient: I got a cut on my knuckle on my index finger about 3 weeks ago ,it didn’t heal properly . Now it’s a bubble and it hurts when touched or stretched .What Is wrong and what can I do ?

Symptoms: Finger hurts

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern.As per details, it seems that you have got secondary bacterial infection of the damaged skin.Our skin acts as a barrier and protect against various infections.If it gets damaged by any means, the chances of bacterial infection increases multifold.In such cases, I prefer to advise topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin 2 percent over the affected area.Oral antibiotics like Dicloxacillin are also advised.You should visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.You can share my opinion with him.I hope it helps.Stay healthy.