I got a gash above my hip

Patient

Q: I got a gash above my hip, and in the hospital they gave me a lidocain shot so they can clean it out. But it's been over a week now and the area is still a bit numb. Is that normal? Or is there something wrong?

Doctor

A:   Welcome To Ask The Doctor.
We understand your concern.

Lidocaine shot is short acting and doesn't causes any numbness after use.
Your history is suggestive of a condition known as Meralgia Paresthesia.
It is a type of pinched nerve.
As far as treatment of Meralgia Paresthesia is concerned, initially I would advise you to do hot fomentation with hot water bag and apply local gels like Volini over there.
If this persists even after 7 days, I would recommend treatment with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine.

I hope it helps