I got another piece of the ingrown taken out of

Patient : I got another piece of the ingrown taken out of my big toe and it was 3 days ago my toe is purple
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query, albeit very small and specific. History of nail excision followed by the toe turning pur ple noted. - This may indicate: -infection Congestion by the inflammatory process. I would suggest in such a case the following. -Change of an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory. - elevation of the leg above the heart level in lying down position. Regular review by your operating surgeon. I hope this answer helps you to take a proper treatment.