Ask The Doctor > Pending > I got badly sunburned yesterday because I fell asleep on

I got badly sunburned yesterday because I fell asleep on

Patient: I got badly sunburned yesterday because I fell asleep on the beach iv put on solarcaine and only helps for a few minutes I tried taking a cold bath but since I’m a rather large person I don’t fit in the average size tub I want to go in cold pool but that is out side in the sun and has chlorine and salt or other chemicals is that safe if I wear a shirt and put on sunscreen and do u have any other suggestions how to cool the burn I am flying home 2 night 3 hour flight (forgot to say burn is under shoulders chest and bottom of stomach with since I’m fat hangs over and makes it uncomfortable to sit)

Doctor: