Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got bitten by a stray kitten found in my

I got bitten by a stray kitten found in my

Patient: I got bitten by a stray kitten found in my backyard in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday. What are the risks of rabies?

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.Cat or kitten are known to carry rabies Infection. So rab ies vaccination is indicated in case of kitten or cat bite. You should also get a tetanus shot along with rabies vaccination.As far as risk of contracting rabies is concerned, it depends on your luck. If the kitten is carrying the rabies infection then only you will get rabies.But since this can’t be determined, it is advisable to get rabies vaccination to be sure.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps you. If you have any further query, please ask me.Stay Healthy.