I got bitten by my dog 3 years ago But

Patient

Q: I got bitten by my dog 3 years ago. But i didnt take anti rabies until 1 year later because my new dog bit me. Now 4 years later. The wound mark started to tingle and itch. Now i feel sick

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Rabies usually develops in less than one year with symptoms like:
Excitability
Confusion
Weakness of the body
Not able to see bright lights or sounds
Difficulty in speaking

Since you do not have any of these symptoms, it is very unlikely that you still have rabies after 4 years. And since you have covered every dog bite with an injection, it is unlikely that you can get it. The reason for the itching is simple, you must have irritated the skin which caused the skin to start itching. This can happen in some people and is more due to histamine and an allergic reaction.

You can try taking 1 tablet daily of Levocet for 2 days to help you. If you do not feel better after 2 days, please see a Doctor.

All the best.