I got hit in my chest tonight

Q: I got hit in my chest tonight at my son's baseball game. It hit right on my chest bone. It knocked the wind out of me and was real sore. I just woke up with it hurting me and it hurts bad when I breath in deep. What can I do to help me get comfortable? My son is special needs and my husband and I help coach so my husband was right there with me and said you could hear it when it hit me.

There are possibilities that the blunt trauma could have caused some internal hemorrhage. It is recommended that you see a doctor to check your vitals and also rule out internal bleeding. You may consider applying ice packs ver the area in case of swelling, and consume a paracetamol or an available over the counter NSAID for pain relief. Remember to take an antacid medication along with it. The pain may prevail for 3 to 4 days, however, the intensity of pain will eventually come down.In case you develop severe pain, bleeding from nose, headaches, dizziness, see the doctor immediately. Also, we need to rule out rib fractures if pain persists beyond a week. Till then minimize your activities and also drink plenty of water. Avoid smoking and alcohol, which can increase your pain later.

Hope this helped.