Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got home from a trip to Mexico late last

I got home from a trip to Mexico late last

Patient: I got home from a trip to Mexico late last night and when I woke up i started to feel super weird. My head is lightheaded but it also feels super heavy. At some points when I lay down I can feel my heart beating in my head. I felt a little nauseous at some times. My body also just feels so heavy when I try to get up. Even though i slept 10 hours last night I feel extremely tired. I’ve never felt like this in my whole life and it’s starting to really freak me out.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your history about a trip to Mexico and back home. Started getting th e problem the next morning on getting up. Lightheaded, heart beating in the head, nausea, tired in spite of 10 hours of sleep, feeling heavy on getting up.It is very difficult to pinpoint the cause from your history alone, ‘I would advise you to consult your Doctor to have a clinical evaluation, physical examination and investigations, to get a probable diagnosis and get started immediately on proper treatment.I hope this answer helps you to get an early diagnosis and a proper treatment.