Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got into a car accident at the beginning of

I got into a car accident at the beginning of

Patient: I got into a car accident at the beginning of February and severely blackened both my eyes ! One was almost swollen shut! It’s nearly may and they are still slightly black. The one that was more severe is darker. Why is that and what can i do to make it go away?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Following a trauma to the eye, there can be a collection of blood and exudates causing a blackish appearance of external tissue around the eye.You will have to consult a doctor for treatment options like compressions, anti-inflammatory agents and other medications.It will take time for it to fade away spontaneously.Hope this helped.Regards