Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got married last year. is there a problem in my semen

I got married last year. is there a problem in my semen

Patient: Iam married last year to be exact 1 year 4 months.During this we had misscarried twice as we try to concieve.I want to ask is it important for me to get my semen analysis done. As i feel bit uncomfortable going through this process.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.If you have been not conceived for 1 year, you need to get assessed for infertility. The re are 2 factors for infertility. These are male related factors and female related factors.Male-Prolonged illegal drug useAlcohol abuseSteroid useExcessive exerciseVitamin deficiencyExposure to environmental toxinsStressFemale-Ovulation disordersFallopian tube damageEndometriosisUterine or cervical causesThus, you need to meet an Infertility specialist or a Doctor to reach a diagnosis. I hope this helps you.