I got my first depo birth control shot yesterday.

Patient : I got my first depo birth control shot yesterday . and earlier in the morning I had to get my blood drawn for a pregnancy test . if that came back positive would they still gave me my depo?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. Depo shot is given to prevent pregnancy. If the pregnancy t est gives positive result, they won't give depo shot because it will be ineffective. As they have given depo shot to you, possibly pregnancy test might have given negative result. Take care.