I got my Paragard Copper IUD on Jan 5th 2015,

Patient : I got my Paragard Copper IUD on Jan 5th 2015, I started my period in the beginning of February and now here should be my second period and I haven't gotten anything. I took a test a week ago but it was negative.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. A hormonal contraceptive does initially alter your cycles, hence the delay. Since the p regnancy test is negative, wait a week for your cycles to resume, if they do not, repeat the test again. In case it is negative, see a doctor and can take withdrawal pills for resuming the cycles, do a beta hCG to totally rule out pregnancy and wait for next cycles. It generally takes 3 to 4 months for cycles to normalize after an IUD insertion. Hope this helped. Regards