Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got my period January 17th my period

I got my period January 17th my period

Patient: I got my period January 17th my period usually last a week & is usually heavy toward the beginning, I had sex January 24th & used a condom then I got A stomach virus that was going around the 26th/27th when I finally started feeling better I started slightly bleeding on the 31st for a few days it is now February 26th & I haven’t got my period yet (usually around the 17th) am I pregnant? Or from where I had the stomach virus throw off my system?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The bleeding after periods that you had mid-way could be due to ovulation. The delay in your cycles now could be due to the stomach infection. Kindly do a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. Drink plenty of fluids and reduce stress. You can wait for 3 more days for the cycles if test is negative, in case cycles do not resume, kindly see the Gynecologist for withdrawal bleeding.Hope this helped.Regards