Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got nexaplanon yesterday if i use a waterproof bandaid

I got nexaplanon yesterday if i use a waterproof bandaid

Patient: I got nexaplanon yesterday if i use a waterproof bandaid can i still sleep

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,Nexaplanon is an intra-dermal progesterone implant and hence no water proofing is requ ired at all. However for initial few days there may be some inflammation and to prevent any infection to the site of implant you may apply BAND-AID and that shall serve as protection. Apart from that there is no actual need to such water proofing after the inflammation settles, even when you go swimming.Hope this helps.Regards