I got off birth control implanon February 17

Patient

Q: I got off birth control implanon February 17 and never started my period I spotted a little bit two days the next week and two more days the following week. I have been throwing up every morning stomach cramps breast tenderness and fatigue every day. I'm 21 days late on my period but been having negative pregnacy test.

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Here are possible causes of missed periods:
Pregnancy
Irregular periods
Hormonal imbalance
Gestational tumours
Some drugs

The most common cause usually is pregnancy. I believe that the hCG levels have not reached such a high level that they make the pregnancy test positive.

You can see a Gynecologist to get a Serum hCG assay done and an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy. I hope this helps you.