I got off birth control the depo shot in april

Patient

Q: I got off birth control the depo shot in april of 2015 , me and my boyfriend have been sexually active this past saturday we had intercourse from then until now i have been having a pinkish discharge what could be causes this ?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

The possible causes of your pink discharge are:
-If you stopped the depo at the end of April, the pink discharge you are having could be indicating starting of withdrawal bleeding due to stopping the shot.
-Postcoital bleeding
-Discharge from cervical erosion or polyp.
-It you stopped depo in the beginning of April, there is possibility of pregnancy and implantation bleeding.
If pinkish discharge continues, consult your doctor once, get evaluated and take treatment accordingly.

Take care.