Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got prescribed my bc on Friday and wasn’t able

I got prescribed my bc on Friday and wasn’t able

Patient: I got prescribed my bc on Friday and wasn’t able to pick up the prescription till Monday because of seeing if my insurance covers it. So I missed the Sunday start date and didn’t get home till Tuesday morning. So I took 3 because I missed 3 days, so should I on the 4th day continue just to take one and was it a bad idea to start with 3?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Taking three tablets in one day will not improve the contra ceptive efficacy and not fulfill the previous three days gap.Now you can continue with one tablet per day but use an additional contraceptive method like condoms during first week.Take care.