I got punched in the eye 5 days ago and

Patient : I got punched in the eye 5 days ago and now I keep getting white flashes in the corner of my right eye
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I think that you have an injury to the eye. Injury to the eye can cause irritation to th e nerve or damage to the retina. This damage causes the problems with vision and the flickering vision. What you need to do is to get yourself examined by a Doctor to check your eyes. If the eyes are normal, then you are fine. But I suspect you have some damage which may or may not need surgery. Hope this helps you. Wish you a speedy recovery.