Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got stitches in my hand, three to be exact,

I got stitches in my hand, three to be exact,

Patient: I got stitches in my hand, three to be exact, located in between thumb and first finger, (right above where the thumb and first finger creases) there is a little bump forming in between the stitches, it’s like a little peice of skin that is bulging out. Is this a scar? is it just from the stitches? will it go away?! (the stitches are only 4 days old)

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I believe that you either have a piece of dying skin or a keloid. If it is drying skin, it should drop off in a few days. If it does not drop off, you can remove it by using tweezers or with a scalpel. Talk to a Doctor to get this done.If it is a keloid, then the Doctor will treat you with steroid injections to help you.Hope this helps.