I got symptoms of a UTI about 4-5 days ago

Q: I got symptoms of a UTI about 4-5 days ago. Ive been drinking plenty of water to help flush it out, and ive lost all of my symptoms, but now, tonight there is a reddy brown discharge near the back of the inside my vagina. No pain, no of odour. I have not had unprotected sex, and I'm not expecting my period for another 4 days. Any help?

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

You developed symptoms of UTI, and now you have a reddish brown discharge from the vagina. This could be your mid-cycle bleeding or it could also be secondary to UTI.
You need to get your urine examined right away and get a urine culture done. Nowadays, the organisms are very resistant and it takes longer to treat UTIs with most infections needing extensive antibiotic therapy to be treated.
Based on the culture reports, you can start the appropriate antibiotic. A good choice antibiotic would be Tab. Cotrimoxazole ( TMP-SMX ) twice daily for 10-14 days. You need to keep consuming cranberry juice which reduces the burning sensation while passing urine. You are already drinking plenty of water, and it needs to be at least 3-4 liters a day, more if you are athletic and workout.

After starting the medicines, if the discharge still persists, or gets worse, or turns foul-smelling, you will need a Gynecology consult to proceed further.

Hope this was helpful,