Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got tested for stds 3 days after unprotected sex

I got tested for stds 3 days after unprotected sex

Patient: I got tested for stds 3 days after unprotected sex. Is that too soon to get results? Should I get tested again now 3 months later?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually after getting exposed to STDs, the time taken to di agnose the infection can vary from one week to three months depending on the type of infection, your immunity levels etc.So, if you are having any symptoms of STDs now three months after unprotected intercourse, better to repeat the tests to find out the possibility of STDs.Take care.