I got the contraceptive implant inserted on 11th which was

Patient

Q: I got the contraceptive implant inserted on 11th which was day 5 of my cycle .. Just very slight bleeding on that day.. I had unprotected sex 17th which was day 6 from insertion then took the morning after pill on 19th should there be any concern that there is a risk of pregnancy

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you have a pelvic infection because of the IUD inserted in the uterus. The IUD can cause allergy or reaction to the metal or the substance present in the IUD.

This is what is causing the bleeding in the uterine wall. You need to see a Gynecologist to get the IUD taken out and then get the right treatment for it if needed. In severe cases, vaginal packing is done to stop the bleeding.

Hope this helps you. All the best.