I got the implanon bar inserted in my arm 2 and half weeks ago

Patient

Q: I got the implanon bar inserted in my arm 2 and a half weeks ago, now the skin above and around the bar is red, itchy and feels hot. Is that normal?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Sometimes few women may experience allergic skin reaction or signs of inflammation after inserting Implanon.
But having reaction two and half weeks after insertion is rare.
Minor reactions can subside by using anti-allergic medications.
If the redness, itching, heat etc persist or increase in severity, you may have to go for removal of Implanon.
So, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated.

Take care