Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got the implanon removed 2/17, have been ttc w/husband

I got the implanon removed 2/17, have been ttc w/husband

Patient: I got the implanon removed 2/17, have been ttc w/husband my period is 23 days late and I have been vomiting two weeks and fatigue but three negative pregnacy test at different times. Now my lower abdomen is cramping

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Sometimes a home pregnancy test can give false results. Kindly see a gynecologist and g et an examination done.A beta hCG blood test will be accurate in detecting a pregnancy. In case the results are negative for a pregnancy, it may mean that your symptoms could be a part of premenstrual syndrome and you can expect cycles anytime.The delay could be due to the recent removal of implanon,causing a mild hormonal imbalance. You may try hot fomentation to get relief from the cramps until you see the doctor. Drink plenty of water daily and avoid constipation. Continue your vitamin supplements.Wish you an early conception.Hope this helped.Regards