Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I got the implanon when my son was six weeks

I got the implanon when my son was six weeks

Patient: I got the implanon when my son was six weeks old.now he will be three in 3weeks.could i be haveing a baby?? im 13days late also my brest are very painful,im very sleepy,moody,and haveing headache as well.can someone help me please.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,Implanon is effective for 3 years and it can cause amenorrhoea for these 3 years offer ing you contraceptive protection. Now after 3 years the efficacy tends to get reduced and its possible that the levels have gone down and the body is initiating a withdrawal bleed. The symptoms that you are experiencing are premenstrual symptoms which indicate that you may have a withdrawal bleed soon and you would have to consider removal of the implant and opt for a fresh one.However, if there exists a doubt regarding pregnancy then a urine pregnancy test should be done to rule out pregnancy before undertaking any measures.I hope I have answered your concerns in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards