Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had 4 genital warts removed by electrodessication About a

I had 4 genital warts removed by electrodessication About a

Patient: I had 4 genital warts removed by electrodessication. About a month or so later I noticed white hypopigmented spots on the shaft of my penis where the procedure was done. It’s been a little over 6 months now and the pigmentation has still not returned. What are these and will the pigmentation ever return?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,If your 4 genital warts were removed by electrodessication, then it would have healed w ith scarring and this comprises fibrous tissue which appears as a white patch and hence no melanin deposition over the fibrous tissue and hence no pigmentation. This can however take from 1-2 years for the scar to retract and reduce in size and then probably some squamous cells may grow over it and pigmentation may be returned. It is necessary that you should be patient about it and as it is not going cause any harm or problem in your sexual life , its fine, i feel.I hoep i have answered your concerning detail,wishing you good health,regards