Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had 6 positive urine pregnancy test at 2 weeks

I had 6 positive urine pregnancy test at 2 weeks

Patient: I had 6 positive urine pregnancy test at 2 weeks but at 7 weeks the urine test reads negative. Coulde I still be pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,When there exists a doubt regarding the pregnancy with 6 positive urine pregnancy resu lts and then after 5 weeks the test comes negative, it is then suggested to get a blood serum beta hCG test done which is specific and sensitive as well. If the levels of hCG are more than 1 or raised, then pregnancy is confirmed else if less than 1, pregnancy is surely ruled out.Once confirmed by serum beta hCG test, it can further be confirmed by a Transvaginal ultrasound pelvis which shall show a gestational sac intrauterine.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards