I had a bat fly into my car the other

Patient

Q: I had a bat fly into my car the other night it ended up flying into me.. I grabbed it and threw it towards the back of my car to get it away from me. I was not bitten or scratched my question is should i go get a rabies vaccine?

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
If you are sure that the bat was not able to cause any cuts or scratches then the vaccination won't be required.

Only when he bat bites someone or scratches the skin causing epithelial later cell loss, there are chances of the virus being transmitted, otherwise there is no need of the vaccine.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.

Patient: Yes there's no visible scratches and I think i'd definitely notice if it had bitten me. Very scary knowing what rabies can do.
Doctor: Yes, I can totally understand your situation.
But without any scratch or bite, there is no risk.

Regards.