Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a c-section 5 weeks ago and my incision

I had a c-section 5 weeks ago and my incision

Patient: I had a c-section 5 weeks ago and my incision has a small open on the edge and the internal stitches where the knot is, is coming out…what should I do. I went to the doctor yesterday and he saod it would heal but the stitches werent coming out.

Doctor: Hello ,If there has been a wound gaping after 5 days of c-section and you can see that a knot of suture is protruding out then at present if there is no infection in the woulnd or there has been no discharge , then a daily dressing of the same may be continued for a week to allow healing by secondary intention. The aim is to avoid resuturing of the wound. You may continue to visit your physician for a 3-4 days review to check the progress.regards