I had a car accident 4 months ago and hurt

Patient : I had a car accident 4 months ago and hurt my shin, I never saw a doctor. The pain was bearable till 4 days ago I ran up stairs and now the pain in the same spot on my shin is horrible. I can't walk on it and the bone is sensitive to the toutch. What could it be?
Symptoms:  Shin bone pain
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion, There is a likelihood that after the accident which you had there may have suffered a local injury over the bone and a contusion then where periosteum may been intact and hence no pain. But while running upstairs you may have suffered a stress fracture due to pressure which is causing the pain. It is suggested that you may get a Xray lower limb done to rule out the same. Please visit your physician soon. In the meantime, you may use cold compresses over the shin to relieve pain and if required NSAIDS may be used. I hope i have addressed your query, Wishing you speedy recovery, Regards

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: Thank you, that's very helpful! I have been elevating my leg and putting ice on it at leased 7 times a day to numb it.
I will visit my physician next week. Afterwards I'll email you my diagnoses.
Doctor: I shall await your email, thanks

Related Q&A

Q: Hi I have been suffering from ache and tingling in my left arm. I get weakness and pain in my forearm when trying t...

Q: I have a pain, an aching pain just below my rib cage on my right side. Gall bladder? No. I have had an ultrasound and...

Q: Please can you let me know if it is safe to use Dolotram 50mg twice a day for a long period of time. I have been on t...

Q: Hi, could you help me diagnose my throat issue please ? I have been suffering with a general anxiety issue for the la...

Q: Wondering what likely cause of pain in back of left arm might be


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon