Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I had a cat scan and just wondering what that means

I had a cat scan and just wondering what that means

Patient: I had a cat scan done. What does probable physiologic changes in uterus mean?

Doctor: Thanks for consulting us. Many changes occur in uterine endometrium (uterine lining) during the menstrual cycle, pregnan cy. The endometrium is the innermost glandular layer of the uterus and functions as a lining. During the menstrual cycle, the endometrium grows to a thick, blood vessel-rich, glandular tissue layer; and due to changes in hormonal levels, it shed off starting menstruation. During pregnancy also endometrium transforms into a highly vascular layer that facilitate the implantation and growth of embryo. These are some of the examples for physiological changes. Physiological changes mean that are normal changes. If you have any symptoms, consult Gynecologist for assistance.