I had a cold a week and a half ago

Patient : I had a cold a week and a half ago and it's still here but it seems to have gone to my chest. I've been into hospital since with breathing problems. Been on nebulizers and steroids but they have given me an inhaler to take home too. It's not helping I have a very chest cough still and very dark yellow mucus from my nose. Can't cough anything up from my chest. Just asthma like symptoms constantly.
Symptoms:  Coughing, wheezing, runny and blocked nose, yellow mucus, asthma symptoms although no previous history