I had a complete miscarriage on Jan 3rd 2015. I bled before 1 week.

Patient

Q: I had a complete miscarriage on Jan 3rd 2015. I bled for 1 week then my cycle returned to normal with my next period starting on Feb 1st 2015.

For the last week I've had pregnancy symptoms but yesterday I started spotting which started as intermittent pink spots and is now a slightly heavier consistent red blood when I wipe. There are not clots and I've had very mild cramps.

Is this my period arriving early? Am I having another early miscarriage? Or is this implantation bleeding? I've done a pregnancy test but as my period is not due until March 1st it is too early for a positive result.

Doctor

If you have been having unprotected sex during this cycle then it is possible that this may be an implantation bleed unless proved otherwise. To rule out, you must get a serum beta hCG test done after 10 days of intercourse to look for raised hCG levels . If the levels are raised, then you are pregnant again and the spotting is an implantation bleed.
If the test is negative, then this bleeding could be a normal ovulation bleed for 2 days with mild abdominal cramps called MITTELSCHMERTZ. The diagnosis depends on the hCG levels , so get them sooner to allay any doubts with this regards.

I hope I have answered your query in detail.